Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Migrating from Orcad to Allegro???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantanu

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I and my team members are using Orcad CIS and Layout for last 4 years. Currently we are using Orcad 16. After coming to know the features of Alegro for High Speed Design we are planning to buy the complete suite of Allegro.

Migrating from Orcad to Allegro will we need to learn a lots to use the Allegro or is the Allegro is more similar to the Orcad tools?

What are the Pros n Cons if we stick with the Orcad 16 CIS & Pspice for the Schematic Entry & Pre Layout Simulation and we buy Allegro PCB Design and Allegro PCB SI for PCB layout and Post Layout SI?

Any recomendation on the version of Allegro PCB Design and Allegro PCB SI on basis of Price and Performance?? Like Allegro PCB Design L or Allegro PCB Design XL??

For information, currently for the FPGA based Mixed signal Board, we are outsourcing the PCB Layout and SI Job to the Vendor who are using Allegro and HyperLynx. For Analog and Driver Circuits we are using Oracd CIS/Pspice/Layout ourself.

So for High Speed Boards we are thinking to do the layout ourself, so we are looking for the solution which we can expertise ourself easily to reduce the learning time.

Looking forward for the suggestions and advices. Thanking in anticipations.

Regards,
Shantanu

Added after 6 minutes:

Note: Especially in the PCB Layout Tools I am looking for the features which can take care the issues like Differntial Signals/ DDR Interface/Cross Talk issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.