Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fluo UV light bulb for making photo-etching PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikens

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Do I need A, B or C spectrum of UV light?
If I read right both white and black fluo UV bulbs are in A spectrum, where UV C fluos have clear glass - which one is better?

Can I use scanner glass schield, or I need special UV emitting glass?

Hi nikens,
I think, it depend of your resist, but my be you dont have datasheet...
I belief-normal glasses are usable.
Do you wish positiv20 to use or some other resist?
K.

Added after 25 minutes:

Hi nikens,
I think, it depend of your resist, but my be you dont have datasheet...
I belief-normal glasses are usable.
Do you wish positiv20 to use or some other resist?
Datasheet has some instructions too:
www.soselectronic.com/a_info/resource/pdf/ine/positiv20.pdf

K.

yes i will use positiv 20, or boards that already have this on. I found some pcb uv light machine that uses TL8W/05. This bulb however emits in uv a spectrum, but my queation still stays. Can i use bulb in c spectrum and since these emitts uv with shorther wave length won't that even be better?

Hi,
if you will read positiv20 data sheet, over that lines is linked, you will find: "its most sensitiv with UV-A", but UV-C`wavelength is not so far, that you can not need it, but the sensitivity is some lower = you must find out what is your correct exposition time with your equipment!
In all day business you will make it some times repeatedly so and so, then the commercial photo plates have not 100% same or stabile sensitivity, than after some standing on your and yours delivery firms stock is the sensitivity more less too>>> you must find another (longer) exposing time too...

What kind of wavelength is better- you can tell it only if you see the sensitivity characteristic of Positiv 20, but as I know this is not public!:-(
You must also try some experimenting...
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back