Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC 74ls244 and uln 2003 ,help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcmp

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I need sincere advice.

I have a project in which i have to control a 6 wire unipolar stepper motor.

Stepper motor will be controlled by GPIO for rotating an antenna. It is posible to use IC 74ls244 and uln 2003 to operate the stepper motor, and how??

pls give me some sugestion,thx..

You probably don't need the 244. Most GPIO pins, assuming they are coming from a microprocessor, will drive a 2003 directly.

Brian.

thanks for reply betwixt.

u mean that i can directly control the stepper motor by using driver uln 2003 with GPIO pins.then can i contruct the uln 2003 and stepper motor circuit which shown below to operate the motor?

15_1261995738.gif

That is correct.

The LS244 is not necessary, as it's output is the same as it's input and the GPIO should already have enough drive capability to operate a ULN2003, it would serve no purpose.

All you need to do is switch the four drive signals on and off in the correct order and the motor will turn. Remember that the ULN2003 inverts the signal ! A high on the input turns the output transistor on making its output low.

You might be interested in this web page: http://www.atv-projects.com/PCB_Agitator.html which does something similar but uses discrete transistors in place of the ULN2003. The principle of operation and the example software are still applicable.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back