Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial port communication in proteus with PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulachi

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am doing a project of gps data logger
for that i am simulating it on proteus software
i want to read the GPS co ordiates on proteus and show them on the lcd
i have done the lcd interfacing but i dont know howe to connect the hyper termial with proteus
i want proteus to read directly form the srial port and then PIC controller will show that on the lcd but i dont know how to connect the rs232 with the com1 port on proteus
plzz help me with this
thanx in advance
Regards
Ali[/b]

You need Virtual Serial Port Driver to Make Proteus Communicate with Hyper-terminal or any other Software...

but i haven't tried connecting proteus to real-world environment... download Virtual serial port Driver from Eltima and try this..

thanx 4 the help but i how to connect that virtual serial port driver software with proteus
virtual serial port driver makes the pairs of the of COM ports but how to use it if u can help
Regards
Ali

First Download Virtual Serial Port Driver(VSPD) From Eltima.com

For Connecting VSPD to proteus.. use COMPIM component in proteus connected to RX,TX in PIC... Goto Edit properties option of COMPIM and Select Physical port you are connecting to and Virtual port u like to connect...

if u have further Doubts send ur Proteus circuit...
and May i Know where u from, because ur name seems to familiar..

can u upload ur complete proteus file and the code of pic thats better to understan for me and bettter solution of ur problem.

Hello!
My name is Alex, and I am building a weather station.
I managed to display on a 3310LCD temp, pres, humid and now I want to simulate serial transmission in proteus.
I attached the file in proteus.Can you pls tell me what do I need to modify because I didn't quite understood what were you saying about those terminals.
If you need my code I will atach it
Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.