Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

positive pnmx encountered for push-push oscillator in ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ring119

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm designning a 60GHz push-push VCO in ads. When set the noise ports as differential nodes (@30GHz) in HB noise controller, correct phase noise (pnmx) is given, around -70dBc@1MHz offset. But when set the noise port as single-ended (@60GHz), i got positive pnmx value... I've changed the osc port direction and location, but they didn't work... Is this related to HB simulation setup? Anyone got any idea? Thanks a lot.

The problem is that the noise is computed around the fundamental frequency (@30 GHz in your case). So, as there´s no signal at this frequency (ideal push-push), the SNR is positive and does not signify nothing. I have the same problem and would like to know if it´s possible to get the phase noise around the second harmonic with Agilent ADS.
Anybody knows ?

See the followings.
The Designer's Guide Community Forum - phase noise of ring oscillator using spectre
The Designer's Guide Community Forum - phase noise of ring oscillator using spectre
The Designer's Guide Community Forum - Phase noise analysis of autonomous ring oscillator

would like to know if it´s possible to get the phase noise around the second harmonic with Agilent ADS.
Yes, of course it's possible.
Use "Noise Controler" instead of "Noise Analysis" of HB Analysis controller.

Last edited:
Reactions: wighou

wighou

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
True, thank you for your help Pancho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back