Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help required, 2x12 Volt solar panel to charge 12 v battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitlagu

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have connected 2 solar modules of 12 v output in series connection (resulting in 24V output) & fed to non isolated to DC-DC converter to give o/p of 12v. Before connecting to converter modules shows o/p 30 v. But when i connect it to converter then suddenly modules voltage comes to 15 v. One solar module shows o/p of 15v & another shows only 1.2 v. Can you halp me here?

If the panels are connected correctly, either the panel that gives 1.2 volts is faulty or it is shaded from the sunlight. I would test it individually with a 12V car bulb to make sure.

amitlagu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: help required, 2x12 Volt solar panel to charge 12 v batt

hi, thanks for reply. I also tried with individual panel. Each giving 800 ma output if used individually. But in series application problem occurs. Both panels are in sun light.

Hi amitlagu,
are there from same producer/same types?
K.

yes they are of same type & same batch

use bypass diode with each panel

if u need the output of the solar pannel to charge the circuit then use a 12V + regulator before your application circuit. the use of bypass diode can be a good option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back