Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intel Signetics Micro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudane

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
apc932gen

I pulled this chip from a board and I'm almost certain it is a microcontroller. It is a 40 pin dip package with the following information on it

a large S (for Signetics)

APC932GEN 3560001RT
2342009 9418KA

Intel 1980
Signetics

I've been scouring the net and even intel's website without finding any information on this chip. Does anyone know anything about this chip, and if so, can it be reprogrammed?

intel signetics

HI could it be a 8032 ?? maybe a 8085 family .. i never heard of intel licensing other cpu's in those days !

philips signetics intel

It's the micro for a UPS - maybe an APC given the initial code, but I'm not sure which model.

signetics

Hi,

it is a 8032 / 8051 how ever you want to call it device. Intel licensed to Signetics, Philips and Siemens.
Siemens became Infineon and Signetics was taken over by Philips.
This device was probably 15 years before my start at Philips and unfortunately no information that I could access.

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back