Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sunrom programmer circuit and software for 89c52 and 89c2051

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: sunrom 1001-3456 Firmware source

vsmGuy said:
@shamikrudra, Can you share the source that you already have?

sunrom 1001-3456 Firmware have two variety '1001-3456 v44 SS.hex' and '1001-3456 v44 DS.hex'. The 'SS' variety is for single sided pcb and 'DS' is for double sided pcb. Which one do you want?
I am uploading both for you.
I do not have the source code probably written in 'C', that file was not available for download at that time.
Thanks.
P55XP.

Re: Sunrom programmer circuit and software for 89c52 and 89c

sadat007 said:
Hi, Thx
Anyone have proper PCB file as the PDF printout size not okay.
I have 89XXXX PROGRAMMER.MAX. It's an ORCAD LAYOUT pcb file. This is a double-sided pth pcb. Are you agreed to take it?
What's the problem with PDF file? I printed it two years ago. I verified it now. It's quite alright regarding measurement.Again: Please study this page on this forum
Thanks.
P55XP.

Re: Atmel 89 Series programmer problem

pranam77 said:
As you have used 89S52, it requires only 5 pins to program, which may be correctly connected, and thus the success. whereas the 89C series requires most of the pins connected to the ZIF socket, and thus the failures. Try looking in to your PCB for small fix, or joins, which may be the cause of the problems. Also look for malfunctionsed components, or which may be accidently assembled in reverse directions.

Is this programmer writes to AT89S52 in serial mode? I don't know. Then why vpp goes high to 12.2 Volts? All three serial mode programming line i.e. P1.5(MOSI). P1.6(MISO), and P1.7(SCK) is passing through latch IC74HC573. Moreover I have gone through the source code, there is no sign of serial programming. I am really confused now. Please guide.
Thanks.
P55XP.

p55xp said:
vsmGuy said:
@shamikrudra, Can you share the source that you already have?
I do not have the source code probably written in 'C', that file was not available for download at that time.
Thanks.
P55XP.

I am looking specifically for the source ( probably written in Keil )

vsmGuy said:
I am looking specifically for the source ( probably written in Keil )
The only source code available with me regarding ATMEL 89 Series Device Programmer (by Sunrom Technologies) hardware is firmware V3. It is written in Keil C. With this firmware the device communicates with PC @ 9600 bps. I can upload this if you require it.
Thanks.
P55XP.

p55xp said:
The only source code available with me regarding ATMEL 89 Series Device Programmer (by Sunrom Technologies) hardware is firmware V3. It is written in Keil C. With this firmware the device communicates with PC @ 9600 bps. I can upload this if you require it.
Thanks.
P55XP.

Please do upload. You will receive points for uploading a file!

What is the latest version of the firmware?

Is the Keil C code for an older version?

Re: Sunrom programmer circuit and software for 89c52 and 89c

p55xp said:
sadat007 said:
Hi, Thx
Anyone have proper PCB file as the PDF printout size not okay.
I have 89XXXX PROGRAMMER.MAX. It's an ORCAD LAYOUT pcb file. This is a double-sided pth pcb. Are you agreed to take it?
What's the problem with PDF file? I printed it two years ago. I verified it now. It's quite alright regarding measurement.Again: Please study this page on this forum
Thanks.
P55XP.
Thanks Dear,
Actually the PDF print option automatically changing Page Scaling to Shrink To Printable Area which should be None. When I manually select it to None the problem solved.
I will also look your link
Thanks again
sadat007

Just print the PCB layout at 100% scale. Nothing else. It is given in 1:1 layout.
Cheers

p55xp said:
Is this programmer writes to AT89S52 in serial mode? I don't know. Then why vpp goes high to 12.2 Volts? All three serial mode programming line i.e. P1.5(MOSI). P1.6(MISO), and P1.7(SCK) is passing through latch IC74HC573. Moreover I have gone through the source code, there is no sign of serial programming. I am really confused now. Please guide. Thanks.
P55XP.
This is just a parellel programmer. I never looked in to the sourcecode. I was guessing about the chances as you expected, but that may not be possible. Ok...mention which chip is used by you as firmeware?
Cheers

vsmGuy said:
Please do upload. You will receive points for uploading a file!
I must certainly upload not for points but for satisfaction that I am able to satisfy your need. This is respectively older firmware, originally written by Wichit Sirichot.
Study it, you will understand every thing. But alas I am not successful in fully running it. My programmer only writes to AT89SXX Chips but reads all chips it supports. Please read my previous posts in this thread. Look whether you can help me?! I have almost all materials about this programmer, the Sunrom Technologies people uploaded at that time.

vsmGuy said:
What is the latest version of the firmware?
It is most probably 1001-3456_v44 that I uploaded earlier.

vsmGuy said:
Is the Keil C code for an older version?
It is the 1st version that I downloaded from Sunrom website, it is compiled in µVision2.

Thanks.
P55XP.

pranam77 said:
This is just a parellel programmer. I never looked in to the sourcecode. I was guessing about the chances as you expected, but that may not be possible. Ok...mention which chip is used by you as firmeware?
Cheers
I am using AT89C52 now, and have already used AT89C51 and AT89S52, all giving same result. Today I also used one 10K resistor as external pull-up at !PROG pin. Please follow the firmware V3 that I uploaded today in the previous post, the !PROG pulse is 10 µS. I can upload the schematic diagram of the programmer hardware, if yopu think it may help you to analyze the situation better . It is in a double sided PCB that I built the hardware.
Thanks.
P55XP.

@p55xp
Thanks for details and file sharing
you said you are using firmwareV3(with source), which is available in net. but it is not working source. I think this source is for different circuit not for single sided PCB thats why not working
I found in another thread that some one made this DS PCB and running the board with firmwareV3.

Atmel 89 Series programmer problem

Yes it is for double sided pcb. I have 3 versions of this firmware(hex code only) along with its connecting pc software (ProLoad). I tried all. But regarding programming all 3 behaves same - it can detect, read and even erase all the chips concerned but can only write to AT89SXX.
I came to the conclusion that though communication part of this firmwares are different its programmer part is same; and the programmer part of the firmware for ss pcb is different as it's circuit is different. Now I decided to make a ss pcb, to test the ss hardware along with its firmware. Did you purchased the pcb ready-made or ordered one for your purpose?
Thanks.
P55XP.

I never used the DS PCB. My first ever attempt was with the SS and it was working at the first powerup, and is working fine even today. Even i have assembled 2-3 for my friends too which were working fine. And yes..DS was supplied a different firmware and SS was with a different firmware, and Sunrom had mentioned that these cannot be swapped as some PIN functions of the Firmware chip on the DS and the SS PCB's were different. Yes..i have used only 89S52 as my firmware chip. Others didn't work fine for me.
Cheers

@pranam77 and shamikrudra
As I am heading to construct a new hardware for this programmer which is in a single sided pcb, I want your suggestion to successfully finish the project. Please tell me versions of PC software and firmware combination that you are using.
Thanks.
P55XP.

I am using single side PCB with 89S52 as firmware chip and SS 4.4.hex as firmware. You may use any programming software. I have sued Proload 4.4, 5.2 ans the new one 5.4v. All work fine on my Windows XP Os.
Cheers

I have intentionally split this topic from the previous thread as your post will take new divertion and you may also use the "helped me" button whoever you find the reply helped you.

pranam77 said:
I am using single side PCB with 89S52 as firmware chip and SS 4.4.hex as firmware. You may use any programming software. I have sued Proload 4.4, 5.2 ans the new one 5.4v. All work fine on my Windows XP Os.
Cheers

I must try this. Please wait for feedback within few days.

I have intentionally split this topic from the previous thread as your post will take new divertion and you may also use the "helped me" button whoever you find the reply helped you.

You have 'right to decide and do' what you have done! The thread looks incomplete and some common posts need to be added at the beginning. Please try if you can do this. :D
Thanks.
P55XP

p55xp said:
pranam77 said:
Cheers

I must try this. Please wait for feedback within few days.

p55xp - from your posts it seems that you can program the S series correctly and have problem with the C versions?

In that case I believe the buffer IC might be faulty OR there might be fault in the traces of the PCB in that portion of the circuit.

You need to have someone look at the PCB - I sent you a PM.

Also - did you get a double sided PCB done at Kolkata previsouly?

Please help to solve the Sunrom programmer problem

@vsmGuy
No buffer ic is used in the circuit, do you mean the latch (74HC573)? If so. its' role is same in both S type and C type programming. Moreover the latch has no role to play in programming 89C1051 and 89C2051.
Thanks for your keen interest. I read your PM.
I made my own PCB.
Thanks.
P55XP.
Pl. see I send you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.