Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to use Coldvision AVR C source in AVR studio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nihal_2000

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guy's

I wanted to some project. I found similar project code in Codevision AVR C. I am using AVR studio, can I use the same c program in AVR studio without any change. Code includes C source fiel, PRJ file and .hex file.

Program is written in C, I think it can be used with some modification, If that is the case then please guide me what modification it needs?

What is the difference between Codevision AVR C and atmel AVR C compiler?

Please guide me…..thanks to all!

The main difference is that Atmel doesn't actually provide a C compiler with AVR Studio...

Sorry, you cannot use codevision program directly in avr studio. (Assuming that you are using winavr)

You have to modify a little bit and it is so simple.

Thanks Nandhu,
Could you please guide me, as what sort of modification it requires.....?

Thanks to all!

Re: Is it possible to use Coldvision AVR C source in AVR stu

Hi Nihal,

Good to see u

I think win avr gcc compiler is suitable for AVR studio.

The difference between Codevision AVR C and atmel AVR C (Win AVR) compiler is the syntax.
You have to change the syntax for compiler to compiler. Each compiler is having there own syntax & header file.

Syntax is to access the internal peripheral & I/O port of the microcontroller.

Regards
Chanchal

Status
Not open for further replies.