Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where is Gerber Tool in Cadence 16.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel_eyes

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I usually use Gerber tool for process gerber files created from Orcad Layout (using Tearsdrop, save Gerber file as a lower version).
I can find it in Orcad 16.0 but when I try Cadence 16.2, I can't find Gerber Tool.

Do you know where it is? Or there is a replacement for it?
Would you please show me?

Thanks in advance!

Goto Tools Art work tab.From that u can create the gerber files

Regards
Rajan.K

Sorry, but can you tell me more clearly? Where is the "Tools Art work tab" that you mean? I can't find it.

Thanks.

There is no such special interface ....To open Gerber (.Art) files you need to create a new package symbol import artwortk and you are done .............Better use dedicated viewers ......Gerber view or the like............... and any one could please tell me ho to auto route with jumper in orcad pcb editor 16.3

Last edited:

hi
use CAM350 or AltiumDesigner to view gerber. or to run tear drop , pad removal etc

SA

go to manufacture>>>>artwork

File > New
in the window that follows select package and name it; ok to terminate

Open > Import > Artwork and locate your artwork in working Dir> Allegro and place it ................you are done.....................Better use dedicated viewers . Allegro downloads provides supporting softwares

File > New
in the window that follows select package and name it; ok to terminate

Open > Import > Artwork and locate your artwork in working Dir> Allegro and place it ................you are done.....................Better use dedicated viewers . Allegro downloads provides supporting softwares

There is no true GerbTool in Cadence 16.2 or 16.3.
GerbTool by Wise was included in Orcad layout which is no longer supported.
To use GerbTool you have to open Orcad layout software rev. 16.0 or lower to access GerbTool under the tools menus.

Use Pentalogix Viewmate to view the .Art files. You can downlad the freen version form Pantalogix.com.

There is no true GerbTool in Cadence 16.2 or 16.3.
GerbTool by Wise was included in Orcad layout which is no longer supported.
To use GerbTool you have to open Orcad layout software rev. 16.0 or lower to access GerbTool under the tools menus.

That's what I have stated first ..............and the rest is a simple solution for viewing it from within Allegro.....You got me...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back