Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need regulated power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheth_ka

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need a very stable 5V dc power supply with 2A or 3A of current..pls guys i need to find at least the most simplest way to build this power supply..thanks in advance!:D

check LT1074 and its application note it can give upto 5 A and output voltage is adjustable

I use LM2576 and thats very good work for my robot. input 7.4v and output 5v.
I use LM2576-adj and adjuste it to 5v.

The most simplest is to use LM7805 and connect to a power transistor (2N 3055) to boost the current to 5A

sheth_ka said:
i need a very stable 5V dc power supply with 2A or 3A of current..pls guys i need to find at least the most simplest way to build this power supply..thanks in advance!:D
Please have a look at my post with attchment for 5volts regulator with current boost for 3 amps at the below link.

Hope it helps you. Cheers

If you don't care about efficiency, LDO's should work. But then again, it all depends on your application.

thanks guys!
I really appreciate your replys.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.