Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting two USB slaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

andersbra

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
connecting two slave usb devices together

I want to connect two USB slaves e.g. camera and a mobile phone.

I want to use the mobile phone to access the camera and upload files from the camera to the mobile phone.

Is it possible to create a "black box" that is handy/small which woks as a master where I can connect my slaves?

Anyone that can help me?
How can I do this?

Anyone that can design the system and create the a beta version of the software?
The software can be rewritten later.

Andersbra
Norway

connecting 2 usb slaves

Well, here you are what I think of:
1- You need a master chip. Something like the Max3421E. It's a USB host controller which will be the master of the system.
2- You need a microcontroller that will communicate with both the mobile phone and the camera.
3- A mobile phone application to that will communicate with the camera through microcontroller.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

connecting two usb slaves

Yes, you need a master or host-controller. FTDI made a chip for this purpose specifically to allow embedded devices to control USB slaves. I have not had an opportunity to use it yet, but it looks neat. Below is a URL:

http://www.vinculum.com/

Vinculum is the name of the FTDI chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back