Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I have a validation errors while using HFSS can anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonhamada

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss,the port has no terminals defined on it

Dear all,
i have degin to learn HFSS and begin with example to train to this software
after i finished the design i found some errors while using the validation tool
first i dont know more about exitation and boundaries,
here copy of the error list i have
can any one help me to understand this error and how i can deal with it ?

[error] Port'LumpPort1': An integration line must be defined for Lumped Ports.(11:19 AM Aug 17, 2009)

[error] Port'LumpPort2': An integration line must be defined for Lumped Ports. (11:19 AM Aug 17, 2009)

[error] Port'LumpPort3': An integration line must be defined for Lumped Ports. (11:19 AM Aug 17, 2009)

[error] Port 'LumpPort1': The port has no terminals defined on it. (11:19 AM Aug 17, 2009)

[error] Port 'LumpPort2': The port has no terminals defined on it. (11:19 AM Aug 17, 2009)

[error] Port 'LumpPort3': The port has no terminals defined on it. (11:19 AM Aug 17, 2009)

[error] Port 'P1': The port has no terminals defined on it. (11:19 AM Aug 17, 2009)

[error] Port 'p2': The port has no terminals defined on it. (11:19 AM Aug 17, 2009)

Thanks to all,
Eng.Mohamed

Re: I have a validation errors while using HFSS can anyone h

No one can help
it is urgent???

eng.M.A.Hasanien

The first set of errors are involving lumped ports only but sometimes also applicable to wave ports. When you define a lumped port you have to define the direction of the E-field (IE voltage from + to 0 or -). Draw a line from the higher potential to the lower. If it's a wave port, draw a line to allow polarization of the field.

I don't know the others. Post some more details about your setup. Wave ports can only be defined on an exterior surface, for instance. That might be the error, I don't know. Post details about what you're trying to simulate and/or where/what the ports are.

Thanks alot katko
I try to simulate bandstop filter,it is an example i try to simulate to learn HFSS
i concerned with filter design in HFSS, and i have a problem in the boundary condition and exitation here the project i work on it,

and thanks for aiding

Eng.M.A.Hasanien

It looks to me like you should delete the ports and restart by adding them in. Why is there a second box of vacuum outside the main part of the model? This will probably not work, either.

HFSS also gave me errors that several of your lumped ports overlap. When you make a new one be sure to delete the old one. Again, the integration line you have to define should be from high potential to low potential. If you're using something like a coax feed, for instance, the line should go from inner to outer conductor. Delete the first 3 ports, which all overlap P1. Also, your object named "Ground" is a box of vacuum. This should probably be a PEC sheet.

Are you sure you want the simulation to look at a substrate of that size? It'll probably take a long time. What exactly are you trying to find with the simulation? Someone else can probably help some with this also.

Look around online, there are many, many pdfs floating around with explanations of boundary conditions and excitation in all the different versions of HFSS. If you want the substrate to radiate, you could use a PML on the radiating sides and then a PEC for the ground plane, but I'm not sure exactly what you want here. Look around and you'll find plenty of details about v.11 BCs/excitations.

Thank very mutch
i will investegate my project again.
could you tell me where i can find pdfs about boundary condition and exitation
if you have please send me
Thanks again

If you haven't already, try changing from a 'driven modal' solution to a 'driven terminal' solution.

Thanks bbh2909 for reply
But i am already solving on 'Driven Terminal'

I have the same error... "The port has no terminals defined on it". Could you help me to understand this problem?

---------- Post added at 10:27 ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 ----------

I want to divide my construction and add one more port.

Thanks KateXX
what is your problem?
i turn to work with wave port and it seems good?

please explain what you are going to ?
M.A.Hassanien

Dear dragonhamada,
I have PIFA antenna here File Upload - 128. According to my synthesis project I have to divide this construction and add two more ports for each strip. Therefore I cannot set terminals for those ports...
Yours,
Kate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back