Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem regarding S21 Parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblin

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
s21 parameter

If I have a network analyzer to test the antenna propagation. I used S21 parameter to do the testing. It shown a value in dB. Can anyone please tell me what is the value regarding? It's the ratio of the reciever power and the transmitter power (PR /PT )?

Thank you for your kindness.

what is s21 parameters network analyzer

hi there
well network analyser is normlly used to find the S11 of the antenna which tells you the matching characteristics of an antenna.

the S21 of an antenna is normally carried out in anechoic chamber using some standard reference antenna usually horn

thanks

s21 antenna parameter

Using S21 you will see, as you correctly assumed, the ratio between transmitted and received power. I.e. loss of feeders, gain of both antennas and the pathloss.

If you do want to charactierize the matching of your antenna, use S11 to get this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back