Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help designing a onetime sound recording device

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubenriv

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
recording

Can someone help point me in the right direction.. I'm looking for someone to design and build a small key chain sized device like a thumb drive that can store up to 10 seconds of sound. The sounds will be stored on a PC in most likely AVI file format. Once the sound has been transferred / downloaded onto the device it will need to be able to play the sounds by clicking a button on the device. It's similar to those voice recordable greeting cards but I don't need to be able to re-record or even record by speaking into it. I simply need a device that I can download maybe by USB a sound that can be played back over and over by pressing a button.. hope this makes sense....

hi,

Probably the cheapest and simplest way is to buy a batch of old model Mp3 players on ebay and fit you own little speaker.

You can also look at the chips produced by Winbond in their ISD line. These are analog input recorders that then allow playback of the stored audio. Below is a link. These devices are what were used in the personal memo recorders that were popular several years ago.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back