Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

program FPGA Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

eminx

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
program fpga

Hi,
I have a problem about connection JTAG & my FPGA.
I have connected JTAG to my FPGA correctly.
My FPGA is "epm 7032LC44-10" & my JTAG is "byte blaster mv".
Also my software for programming max+plusII Baseline v10.2
But after programming process appear bellow message:
"Unrecognized device or socket is empty."
In result my FPGA doesn't Program.
Please guide me,
Thanks a lot

how program fpga

The 7032 FPGA type in this family doesn't have a JTAG port, just the 7032S has JTAG port.
See the datasheet of the MAX7000, on the page 59, note (2). "JTAG ports are only available in MAX 7000S devices only".

If I'm not wrong you need another hardware to program your device.
Regards.

By the way, I have exactly the same problem, a lot of 7032 (nos S) devices and no programmer.

fpga 7032

Could you please tell me if there is any way to program 7032LC44 ? Thanks in advance.

devices program fpga

I really don't know, I need to program this device too. I'm looking for a solution, but I'm afraid is not a cheap one as the ByteBlaster cable home-made.
If you can buy one, check out this datasheet, here you have a list of available programmers. But I think those are a little expensive. I've checked the datasheet, and the EPM7032 in PLCC is not even listed, if you have it in another package, then try some of these programmers, take a look at page 5.

Regards
Diego Bouvier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back