Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Security system help needed... i.e. hardware to choose from

Status
Not open for further replies.

noriko

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
house security system using laser and ldr

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here. I would like to design, purchase and install a security system for my home. I know there are many types of detection devices. I have a 1000 foot driveway and would like to place some sort of detection device when a vehicle enters the property. I would also like to install a wireless camera if it will function that far away.

A lazar or light beam detector may be out of date but it could maybe be installed with a lazar or light source originating at the home and with no obstructions reflect the light to the detector...

I am new to this so I may be really wrong on what to use but a motion sensor may not be usable so far away.

Does anyone know the basic devices that would work best to transmit wireless about a thousand feet away?

I would appreciate any ideas or links to websites if possible thank you !!

I think 1000 feet is quite long range and, it will be difficult to find a transmitter that can transmit video signal over that range.
For myself, I designed a home security system but it was covering an area of 10 meters. It uses a laser pointer and an LDR as receiver. Moreover, I added a remote access system so I can control the security remotely through my cell phone via SMS.

Again, to cover 1000 feet away, you will need a powerful transmitter.

Good Luck

Re: Security system help needed... i.e. hardware to choose f

Hello and thank you for the help. A lazar is so far the best possible realistic solution though I don't know how to design such a concept. I understand how a lazar can be used to span a perimeter but when the beam is tripped or interrupted I don't understand how to signal that to the house or what other parts are used to accomplish this.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back