Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About the sequence of BSD and DFT compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaom9

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
non-unate path

Hi,
I am working with a SOC job, but I met some question about the the sequence of Boundary Scan insert and the DFT scan insert, the tools for them are BSD compiler and DFT compiler. Can any one give me some idea, please?
I have tried the two flow:

1 Insert the BSD to the RTL code by BSD compiler and then Synthesis by compile command finnaly insert the DFT by DFT compiler. The BSD insert is successful, but there are some errors as follow:

set_dft_configuration -fix_bidirectional disable -scan enable -fix_clock enable -fix_set enable -fix_reset enable

Error: Boundary Scan Synthesis is mutually exclusive with options :
-scan | -fix_set | -fix_reset | -fix_bus | -fix_bidirectional | -fix_clock | -fix_xpropagation |
-control_points | -observe_points | -wrapper | -scan_compression . (UIT-1313)
Discarded dft configuration specification.

insert_dft

Error: Boundary-Scan has already been inserted using 'insert_dft' command. (TEST-2003)
Information: DFT insertion was not successful. There were unrecoverable processing errors. (TEST-211)

The DFT insert failed. And I tried to use the set_scan_configuration -exclude_elements command to exclude the BSD cell from DFT, but it failed again.

2 Synthesis the aboriginal RTL code then insert DFT, and finnaly insert BSD to the gate-level netlist after DFT compiler. The DFT insert is successful. But there are some errors as follow

dft_drc -coverage_estimate (after BSD insert)
In mode: Internal_scan...
Design has scan chains in this mode
Design is scan routed
Post-DFT DRC enabled

Information: Starting test design rule checking. (TEST-222)
Warning: Cell top_u/pord_u/alog_u/rom has no function specification.
Warning: Cell top_u/pord_u/log1_u/rom has no function specification.
Loading test protocol
...basic checks...
...basic sequential cell checks...
...checking vector rules...
Error: Line 598 (/tmp/__dft_drc.spf.top.gaom9.18236), invalid state (Clock "trst_n" has value N different from offstate 1 at beginning of Shift procedure). (V13-1)
Error: Line 598 (/tmp/__dft_drc.spf.top.gaom9.18236), invalid state (Clock "tck" has value N different from offstate 0 at beginning of Shift procedure). (V13-2)
Error: Line 599 (/tmp/__dft_drc.spf.top.gaom9.18236), invalid state (Clock "trst_n" has value N different from offstate 1 at end of load_unload procedure). (V13-3)
Error: Line 599 (/tmp/__dft_drc.spf.top.gaom9.18236), invalid state (Clock "tck" has value N different from offstate 0 at end of load_unload procedure). (V13-4)
Error: Could not perform design rule checking. (TEST-1311)

and I remove_test_protocol and create_test_protocol again, but

dft_drc -coverage_estimate
In mode: all_dft...
Pre-DFT DRC enabled
Warning: A non-unate path in clock network for clock 'tck'
from pin 'top_DW_tap_inst/u_cell_479/Y' is detected. (TIM-052)

Information: Starting test design rule checking. (TEST-222)
Warning: Cell top_u/pord_u/alog_u/rom has no function specification.
Warning: Cell top_u/pord_u/log1_u/rom has no function specification.
Loading test protocol
...basic checks...
...basic sequential cell checks...
...checking for scan equivalents...
...checking vector rules...
Error: Line 652 (/tmp/__dft_drc.spf.top.gaom9.18236), missing definition (Waveformchar "P" must be defined for "trst_n"). (V4-1)
Error: Line 652 (/tmp/__dft_drc.spf.top.gaom9.18236), missing definition (Waveformchar "P" must be defined for "tck"). (V4-2)
Error: Could not perform design rule checking. (TEST-1311)

IEEE 1149.1 Violation Summary

check_bsd successful.

Someone told I should use the first flow, but how to make the DFT compiler do not insert_dft to the BSD cell? I know the BSD cell can generate the patterns itself, and it dose not need the DFT compiler to do that. And what's more, if the design contain the BSD cell, how to generate the patterns in TeraMAX ( BSD cell can generate the patterns itself), is it any difference from the commonly method without it?

Thank you!
Best regards!

bsd compiler rtl

Hi, I found an example by synopsys for the total flow: dft_tutorial, and you can find it in the DC installation directory/doc/syn/dft_tutorial.
And we should insert the BSD in RTL code, here is the total scripts of the flow.

Hope it helpful to you.
Best regards!

I saw script_verilog .rar file. In that I saw script_verilog.tcl file.
I saw that script, in the script I saw read_pin_map pin.txt but I don't know where that file(pin.txt) exists. That file is not there in .rar file. So please send me the file "pin.txt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back