Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for motherboard repair training ebooks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

nash10

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
motherboard repairing

looking for motherboard repair training ebooks..
thanks for reply..

motherboard repairing ebook

it is out of question to repait mother board.

motherboard repair training

taurus3 said:
it is out of question to repait mother board.
PC mother boards can be repaired, and one of my friend is doing it as a bussiness. There are courses and institutes which teach mother board repairing,but as far as books are concerned, i am clueless.

motherboard repairing training

Repair mother boards as a bussinss??? .They don't fail that often .By the time they fail is time to UPGRADE anyways ....ON top of that they are really cheap !

repairing motherboard

thanks for your reply,I have many defective motherboard here and I don't have have idea how to repair this,that's why i'd like to learn...

Reactions: 8323

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ebook on motherboard

Its unlikely that you will find any motherboard chiplevel repair ebooks online. There are 2 books on motherboard available in India. I've got them at Bombay(Mumbai) at Lamington Road. With these you will get to know how the boards from the old 486 upto Pentium 4 boards work. The diagnosis techniques are the same even for boars that are new. For new Chips, all you need is to go through the datasheets on company websites or sites like www.alldatasheets.com.
What's most important is that you have a strong foundation in digital and analog electronics and understand how microprocessors and microcontrollers work and how to test them. The more experience you have in testing and repairing electronic devices the better.

Mostly what fails in boards are electrolytic capacitors, MOSFETS in the power supply section, The VRM controller ICs that control the MOSFETS, the PWM ICs that give signals to the VRMs, the clock generator IC and/or its Crystal. Also obviously fuses on the board.
You need to use experience from testing other digital equipment to fix motherboards. The more you fix, the better you'll get.

Google online for "VRM testing". Start learning on dead boards. Boards with PS2 keyboard and mouse not responding faults can be due to fuses. IF both have failed, it could be the I/O controller IC. This is the fault when both PS2 ports and all USB ports are not working.

Keep practicing and with time you'll get better. For parts you need to salvage old junk boards. These you can get cheap or free from people who discard them for new ones. Every junk board has potential components for future use.

Best regards!

motherboard repair

I agree with everything you posted but what can you do without the schematics for the OEM system. I have a degree in electronics but without a schematic there is nothing I can do. What should I do to get the schematics?

how to repair motherboard

Generally you won't find schematics. You should know the block diagram of a particular chipset you need to test, the important signals, a scope and lots of experience and common sense in electronic repairs. Here you can get some schematics for some laptops: **broken link removed** .The forum is in vietnamese. use a transloator like google or yahoo's babelfish and registr on the forum and download the schematics you need.
The problem for someone with a degree is that they think that without a schematic they can't troubleshoot anything. Start experimenting on dead motherboards. Take your time to lean what is worng in them and try and fix them. Use sites like www.alldatasheet.com and similar sites for datasheets on particular components you need. For dead boards, you need to see if the clock is present, check if the PWM IC is giving all its outputs, Check the VRM ICs and the MOSFETs. And ofcourse leaky electrolytic caps are a big cause of boards malfunctioning. Ideally an ESR meter can help you in locating bad caps in circuit.
Use any and all experience in reapiring any electronic devices.

For a microprocessor. it needs power, clock, address and data to function. Keep this in mind. for boards, you can check the signals in the PCI slot. A debug card can help in troubleshooting. Look for chipset block diagrams, learn the functions of the processor pins. learn how the power on and reset circuitry of INtel and AMD processors and chipsets functions. If you master any intel processor board right from 486 or pentium 1 onwards, the new chipsets are only modifications of the old processors. Some signal names change, but the basic functions are the same. The same applies to AMD or VIA chipsets.

Troubleshooting a circuit is a way of thinking. It can't always be learnt from books. You have to keep trying at first. It take a long time initially, but once you have done around 20-30 borads you'll have some confidence in repairs. Another way is to come to India and learn in a month or two how they repair boards. Some insitiutes are actually repair workshops who also teach repairs. Don't be fooled by appearances. Some of them wont bother about static prevention as in tropical areas with high humidity, static buildup is minimal.

Old hard disks, CD/DVD ROM drives sometimes yield good SMD components.

In India, Thailand, Hong Kong and other Asian countries, there are many who repair motherboards successfully. We even replace chipsets and GPU ICs. Of course for that you need an infra red BGA rework system.

Start thinking outside the box and start repairing.

Best regards!

i stay in mumbai, INDIA. ive just completed my BE in electronics. i want to learn chip level mobo repairing .can u suggest a good institute in mumbai which gives more hands on experience

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hey trion,

very good information given by you. really helpful.. thanks.

Trion,
Thank you very much, your informations are like gold :) thanks again.

Hi
Thank you for your info regarding book for motherboard repair
The books you bought from mumbai
do you know what they call and is it possible have IBAN number please
thank you

iwonka
iwonkawild@yahoo.com

Hi Trion.. I have read interesting information from you if how to repair a motherboard.. but Im just curious is there other way to get the books from india aside of going there.. thanks a lot..

Re: motherboard repair training

I must say lqv77's site is one of the best sources for people who want to learn to repair motherboards and laptops!

Re: motherboard repair training

I must say lqv77's site is one of the best sources for people who want to learn to repair motherboards and laptops!

Hi !,

is the lqv77´s site down ?
I cant access them...

Thank you for any information

SDumas

I checked and the website is working.

laptop forum sites you can register and get information it is free now
Recent Topics - Online Support
where you will get laptop power on detail and discussion laptop schematic diagram etc

Welcome to the Inter Softel Ectronics where you will get complete repairing and tips collection
course with different chips and power sequence

The best way to learn laptop chip level is by the real hands on experince rather than books or video tutorials.
If you can spare time for a short trip to india , we are offering a practical based hands on training session on the same . Hope the site **broken link removed** is self explanatory

laptop trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.