Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Q) use internal Desktop DVD+R to replace slim laptop DVD+R??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafer101

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys. If someone can help.
Is it possible te replace or just add an internal slim 50-pin atapi laptop DVD+R with an internal Desktop Dvd+R. Of course eventuall I will need to make the cable ATAPI connector to IDE flat cable for the Desktop DVD. My Q is will this work? I will power the Desktop dvd wirh an external(to laptop ) +5 V. It would also be nice to have new male-female 50 pin ATAPI cnnector.

My other Q: is it possible to fit a DVD+R to an old 486 50Mhz win 95 ISA which already has an cd-rom or to replace this last??

Thankx for you help :) appreciated.

wafer101

Connecting that dektop drive to the laptop will probably work, I have done it vice versa some day (slim DVD to a desktop). If it will be convenient is a different question.

You could also put a DVD+R into a 486 but you would just be able to use it as a CD-ROM drive... sounds like a dead idea to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back