Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12V in +48V & -48V 3A out SMPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjpompeo

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tl494 smps

Need a 12V in +48V & -48V 3A out simetrical SMPS to power a car amplifier with TDA1514 (Philips) with TL494 and BUZ71 and filters due to noise generation can malfunction electronic fuel ingection and board computer of my car, a FIAT UNO MILLE.

If possible using parts saved from AT/ATX computer power supply.

Regards,

Fernando

smps car audio

It looks as if u want to make professional amplifier. Further TDA1514 is a discontinued IC of Philips. For car SMPS u can visit Rod elliot site. There is ready circuit which any body make with some knowledge.
MP

tl494 car smps

Yep, a PC power supply gives you the most critical (or hard to find) components: the magnetics for the transformer. Also the schottky diodes are often usable.

For the rest you just need some low ESR caps, an SG3525 or something like that, and two low RDSon high current (but low voltage) mosfets like IRFZ44N or so.

Bert

smps for car audio

Palesha, thank you again the tip. That's an amazing site with lot of usefull information abaout audio.

Bert you got the idea. and you were right have some PC AT/ATX smps in my junk box so save some parts (more often hard to find) is a nice idea.

Thanks for both.

Fernando.

smps car

Also check: https://www.diyaudio.com/

Search the forums for smps, dc-dc, power suplies or simular. Thera are many topics about how to make them for car audio. You would also find a lot of people that have built different versions of the one from Elliott Sound Products recomended i erlier post...

re Me

car amplifier smps

Email me glenn-garrett/@/iinet.net.au/noslashes
I have a design using cores from pc p/s and a few other parts

tl494 car audio

Pls go to the link

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor