Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Estimating the impedance on OP-AMP - how to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bws

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
impedanz on OP-AMP

hey !

if i need to know the impendanz for a voltage-follower configuratet OP-AMP, for example a LM324 or LM258, how do i do that ?? is it not somthing that is normally given in the Datasheet ?? if not not, how do i find it ??

hope some can help :)

impedanz on OP-AMP

I understand, that you mean the closed-loop output impedance. For the said OPs, it's not given in the datasheet. One possible reason is, that with their class-B output stage, the impedance isn't only frequency dependant (that's normal) but also strongly depending on the output current unless you force the OP into class A operation by an external load resistor.

Generally, for a standard OP, with a more or less defined open loop output impedance, you can estimate the closed loop impedance by applying a 1/G factor, where G is the loop gain. Because the loop gain is decreasing with frequency, you get an frequency increasing open loop impedance. It can be represented by an inductance with a series resistance in a wide frequency range.

bws

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back