Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Silk Screen Removal of PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanath Embedded

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
silk screen removal

Hi Guys ,

Can anyone help me to remove the Silk Screen printing from the PCB's without damaging it since the fabricated pcb's what I got, there is sm misprint.

pcb silk screen removal

Apply a small sticker with the correct writing on top of the misprint.

pcb silkscreen remover

Thanks for the suggestion

Is there any other alternative like by making use of chemicals we can easily remove it off permanently as there are so many areas I need to clean it.

silkscreen pcb chemicals

Hai Samath. Practically it is not possible to remove only the Silk screen print. If you clean the silk screen with a chemical, it will also affect the solder masking which is beneath it. This will expose the bare copper which will start oxidising in coming days. If that is ok, You may use diluted nitric Acid which is available with gold smiths. But you are at your own. Be cautious as even diluted Nitric acid used in gold industry will be strong enough to burn a hole in your skin. For ease, you may also scratch the misprint with a knife which will also remove both prints. Good luck.

pcb silkscreen removal

You could just try some paint remover. You might be able to lift the silk screen words without lifting much of the solder mask.

if your silk screen is normal paint then you can use Thinner to remove it but thinner is is base for diluting the paint be causes.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back