Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a hopeless guy need help about career

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawaak

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
i need help in making a critical decision.
i graduated in jan 2003, with a degree of B.E Electronics.i got my job in dec 2003. my job function includes programming in visual basic 6 and other soldering stuff. i have great interest in microelectronics/VLSI/ASIC etc.(i waste the time between jan to dec in getting my prefered job). i am now working for too too less pay. the main problem is that i m doing a job that is not relevant to my choice.it means after doing my current job for a year or two, i will still be non-experienced(or fresh) as far as microelectronics etc is concerned. in short i m not satisfy with my current job. :oops: now i have two options.

1) quit my job immediatly and prepare for MS coz i just can't prepare for TOEFL and GRE while on job(my mother tongue is URDU ). in this case there is a gap of atleast 6 months(may be a year) in addition to gap between jan-dec 2003, and i will have nothing to show what i do in two years after my bachelors. i think u understand the point. what i really want to know is that, is the gap count too much in ones career???

2) do my job as it is and say good bye to microelectronics.

please reply as soon as possible.

thanks
sawaak

i suggest option 1 .. quit ur job and prep for GRE or GATE

Status
Not open for further replies.