Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Array antenna/radiation pattern problem/

Status
Not open for further replies.

totocem

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

First of all, i'd like to thanks people who will answer my question and sorry for my poor english.
here's the problem:
-24 GHz antenna array design
-broadside design: same amplitude distribution, no phase shift (antenna built by symetry)
-the distance between the center of the patchs is 0.7*(wavelength in free space)
-good impedance matching so good VSWR.
-question: Why i've got this radiation pattern???? i don't understand at all...i'm newbie...
-How can i have a good radiation pattern with only one lobe?
-you can see my design in picture 'antenna.jpeg'
-you can see the radiation pattern in picture 'radiation_pattern.jpeg'
thanks a lot!

dude.your feed networks are 180 degrees apart for each of those 4*4 array thats why u are getting two beams which are 180 degrees apart.

i hope that answers your question if u still have any problem in understanding to what i have said do let me know.heres my email:sajidmiya@yahoo.com.

if u want i can re do the patch array feed for you and send the corrected file for you

regards
sajid mohammed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back