Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pickit 2 connection for 16f84A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amil

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pickit2 16f84a

Hi All,
Reacently I brought Pickit 2. Can anybody help me to program pic 16F84 by it. I need connector circuit diagram. It need RC ocillator for that circuit? Thanks..
Amil

pickit 2 16f84

Hai Amil
Guess you have got a CD with the PiCkit2 when you bought it, which will havve a user maual which will guide you in programming the devices. Below given schematic gives you the programmer Pin out. You may also download the Pickit2 user manual from this address. Hope it HELPS you. https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/51553B.pdf

pickit2 pic16f84

Hi Amil,
For pic 16f84, connect in the following way:
Pin 1 to pin 4 of ucontroller
Pin 2 to pin 14 of controller
pin 3 to pin 5 of controller
pin 4 to pin 13 of controller
pin 5 to pin 12 of controller
Oscillator is not required here. You just connect the Pickit 2 with the above mentioned pins of pic16f84 and program with software. It will suffice. Thanks.

pickit connection

The Pic16F84 is a realy old and expensive micro, in fact it was the first pic to feature flash memory, before that, they were all one time programable chips.
Ditch the thing and get something like the Pic16f883 series.
Much more powerful and a lot cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.