Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

74HCT123 one-shot duration

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarkwolf

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
shot duration

There appears to be a wide variation in available pulse-stretching duration in the 74HCT123 one-shot (monostable multivibrator) devices.

The one I have on hand (Texas Instrument) will provide no more than 120mS, and I need up to 2 seconds.

Some datasheets are ambiguous and some claim microseconds through "infinity".

Can anyone recommend a specific manufacturer "make and model" before I buy a whole slew of different devices to test.

74hct123 designs

I didn't find the said restriction in the TI datasheet, I have at hand. It seems arbitrary and most likely doesn't apply to any manufacturers HCT123. I expect, that any manufaturer can be used for a 2 sec. delay. Some manufacturers suggest a maximum Rext of 1M, apparently cause they consider maximum leakage currents. Most likely 10 M will work as well.

Reactions: JanIan

JanIan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.