Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST - material with continual changing permitivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauloftin

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cst change

Hi,

do you know, if is possible do material with continual changing permitivity ?
For example as optical fiber (attachment) where in the center n (n=√εr) is the greatest and on the edge is least.

Thank you much

CST - change permitivity

Hi mauloftin,
One way I can think of making different layers of permittivity for different radii. I@ll see if I can find better solution.

Regards

CST - change permitivity

Thank, yes, this is my idea too, but not the best solution, I would have to do very much layers....

CST - change permitivity

no
i sugget u put variable say x in the material epsr value
then if u use transient time (!T) solver,choose parameter sweep and put new sequence with range of ur variable
i hope that good for u

Re: CST - change permitivity

abdoeng said:
no
i sugget u put variable say x in the material epsr value
then if u use transient time (!T) solver,choose parameter sweep and put new sequence with range of ur variable
i hope that good for u

I think, that is not solution, if i choose sweep parametr, so whole material have er, but I need that the er = function axes x....

CST - change permitivity

upload ur file,may beso easy for solving it

Use COMSOL: there you can use an anisotropic and inhomogeneus material.

U can define two separate solid and set variables for that separately and then give the parameter sweep for example in optical fibre u put one centre cylinder and then one cylinder for edge then u merge and give separate variable for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back