Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to connect this lcd??

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_mansour2005

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lmb162abc

i've lcd (2*16 topway with 16 pin)
according to it's datasheet pins 1,2 are gnd and vcc.... but when connecting those 2 pins lcd don't light..
when i connect pins 16,15 to gnd , vcc >>>>lcd light ..
are vcc and gnd pins responsible for the light????
pin 15 on lcd datasheet called "pla"
pin 16 on lcd datasheet called "plk"

lcd how to connect vo

Those 2 pins are for lcd power. You can go for pin 15 and 16 which are for backlight lcd.

Give +5V to pin 15 via 100e resistor.
Give gnd to pin 16.

lmb162abc *pic16f84

sorry may be my question not clear enough.....so

* if i connect the 2 power pins correctly .is the backlight on ?"VIP to know the arrangement of pins"
*are those connection correct or not.....
pins 1(vss)>>>>>>>>>>gnd
pins 2(vdd)>>>>>>>>>>vcc
pins 3(vo)>>>>>>>>>> 7Kohm by gnd
pins 4(RS)>>>>>>>>>> RB2 "portb.2"
pins 5(R/W)>>>>>>>>>>gnd
pins 6(E)>>>>>>>>>> Rb3 "portb.3"

==================
i write the code and it worked on proteus but when i trying to execute it on testboard fail.

i don't use any variable resistance..

connecting lcd backlight

m_mansour2005 said:
sorry may be my question not clear enough.....so

* if i connect the 2 power pins correctly .is the backlight on ?"VIP to know the arrangement of pins"
*are those connection correct or not.....
pins 1(vss)>>>>>>>>>>gnd
pins 2(vdd)>>>>>>>>>>vcc
pins 3(vo)>>>>>>>>>> 7Kohm by gnd
pins 4(RS)>>>>>>>>>> RB2 "portb.2"
pins 5(R/W)>>>>>>>>>>gnd
pins 6(E)>>>>>>>>>> Rb3 "portb.3"

==================
i write the code and it worked on proteus but when i trying to execute it on testboard fail.

i don't use any variable resistance..

i thinks your connection is OK. is better u use variable 10K at pin3 to get the good resolution.

if your hardware OK.. you must look the software.. do you give the time for LCD to wakeup before initialize the LCD?

backlight lcd display anode kathode connect

thanq for ur replay
realy i didn't put any times, but i'll try it....i'll put 2 sec delay before try to use lcd.ok??

* if i connect the 2 power pins correctly .is the backlight on or another pins are responsiple for this back light ?"VIP to know the arrangement of pins"

i need clear answer

how to connect 20 pins lcd

m_mansour2005 said:
thanq for ur replay
realy i didn't put any times, but i'll try it....i'll put 2 sec delay before try to use lcd.ok??

* if i connect the 2 power pins correctly .is the backlight on or another pins are responsiple for this back light ?"VIP to know the arrangement of pins"

i need clear answer

based on my experience, i only give 25ms delay before initialize the LCD.. u can try it..if you put 2s.. you can see the effect when you switch ON the LCD..

lcd backlight anode cathode

Refers To HD44780 datasheet. I assume that you use Hitachi chips for lcd text controller right?

Datasheet link:
https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/LCD/HD44780.pdf

please look at the init time and your microcontroller datasheet for LCD timing.

Happy Learning and good luck

16 pin lcd + pdf

till now no one give me aclear answer about this simple question:

* if i connect the 2 power pins correctly .is the backlight on or another pins are responsiple for this back light to be on ?"VIP to know the arrangement of pins"

i use pic16f84a && lcd 2*16 .... with 16pins >>>topway>lmB162ABC-4

m_mansour2005

PLA and PLK are the Anode and Cathode voltages for the LCD backlight. They are not the same pins that power the LCD itself (pins 1 and 2 in your example). If you wish to use a backlight you will need to hook up PLA and PLK .

You will have to hook up VCC and GND to actually use the LCD in any case.

r.b.

lmb162abc how to display something

backlit is done usinf LED in the side panel. the power to LCD is theough PIN 15 AND 16.
connect +5V to pin 15 via 100e resistor and ground pin 16. use them only when you need backlit Display.
PIN 1 AND 2 is used as power supply of LCD display and Micro-controller inside the module.

hock

lmb162abc controller

thanQ reberek and hock
till now i've no reasons for that lcd not working?what can i do?i'm only try to test it for the first time but ?????
the simple program work on proteus excellent?

i only give 25ms delay before initialize the LCD
this initialize time is a time before lcd start to work.isn't it? :cry::cry:

how to connect a lcd pins

m_mansour2005 said:
i only give 25ms delay before initialize the LCD
this initialize time is a time before lcd start to work.isn't it? :cry::cry:

Yes.. that time i'm use before initialize the LCD.

Better u attach here your hardware connection and also the simple software of your software. May be another forumer help can help you to find the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.