Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I get CST MWS to calculate an inductance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpsmith123

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've got a relatively simple coaxial structure for which I want to determine the approximate inductance.

I thought that if I excite it with a voltage pulse using a discrete port and select "Monitor voltage and curent" (under port properties), there would be some post-processing template that would give inductance. Instead I get an error message: "Template based postprocessing result "L_path1_path1":
Error in calling "Evaluate0D" function (Inductance matrix value not available)".

I'm wondering, does anyone know how to make it calculate inductance? Thanks.

Well for future reference just in case anyone else may need to know, it will calculate inductance (as a 1D result under template post processing) if an s-parameter port is selected, whereas it apparently won't do so if a voltage or current port is selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back