Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to auto trigger sound when stepping on alarm pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

aws

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Thank you in advance.

I want to have a guest stand in front of one of my photos on the wall and have a sonic experience. I was thinking I could get an alarm [pressure sensitive] pad so when the guest stands on it, an electrical circuit switch is opened, and a sound device automatically plays a 4 minute clip. It seems straightfoward but . . .

I can't find a mp3 player or other device [cd player?] that runs on an electrical current. Moreover, those devices that I've seen in stores require someone to press a button. So I am stumped. Anyone have any ideas of 1) electric powered sound players that 2) permit sound to automatically come on?

So many on this forum are smarter than me. Thank you again.

--aws

Hello
What best works for you is a simple keychain memory recording device , it has 2 buttons (record - play), you can record your message and then play it again and again and again, u can take it apart and connect 2 wires from the play botton to the pad your are talking about. It's battery by the way lasts too long probably 6 month if you play the message 10 times every day.
And it is so small you can hide it behind your photo frame.

Good Luck

aws said:
Thank you in advance.

I want to have a guest stand in front of one of my photos on the wall and have a sonic experience. I was thinking I could get an alarm [pressure sensitive] pad so when the guest stands on it, an electrical circuit switch is opened, and a sound device automatically plays a 4 minute clip. It seems straightfoward but . . .

I can't find a mp3 player or other device [cd player?] that runs on an electrical current. Moreover, those devices that I've seen in stores require someone to press a button. So I am stumped. Anyone have any ideas of 1) electric powered sound players that 2) permit sound to automatically come on?

So many on this forum are smarter than me. Thank you again.

--aws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back