Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pyramidal horn antenna design using HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammad1389

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
horn antenna design

Hi everyone. I have to design a pyramidal horn antenna, aperture area =76^2. I am new to HFSS and i am facing problem in designing.

I am trying to build a pyramid and then subtract the waveguide (box) from it. I guess, in this way i might be able to get rid of the peak of the pyramid. I am not sure, whether this is the right way or not.

Can someone tell me where to get the tutorial that can help me out with this?

pyramid horn antenna

I think....CST is easy to design horn antenna. Because you can see the exsample of horn antenna design of CST program.

design horn antenna with hfss

several comments:

Consider the aspect ratio and dimensions of the waveguide you intend to use. It may not fit an arbitrary pyramid.

You do not say if you have beamwidth constraints as well as the aperture size. If not then you are pretty much to use any aperture you want.

Length of the horn is also often constrained.

HFSS is a reasonable tool to explore the trade space. I would recommend building a parametric model so that changes are relatively easy and do not necessitate re-drawing the model.

Do you have some target performance for your horn or are you just going to build something with the required aperture size?

pyramidal horn hfss

hello...can any any1 tell me what is the reason that directivity of endfire array is twice that of broadside array?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back