Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to convert signed decimal to unsigned decimal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quer

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
signed decimal

please give me an example on how to do it..:|

unsigned decimal

The question isn't clear. Only positive numbers can be converted - without changing anything, just copy respectively typecast it. The bit pattern is identical.

convert signed to unsigned

sorry i mean how to convert numbers like -.023 (decimal) to unsigned decimal (ranging from 0 t 255).. actually i don't know if there is such process...

convert unsigned to signed

i need it also but in matlab

converting signed to unsigned

Aya2002 said:
i need it also but in matlab

yeah we are having the same problem :cry:

unsigned to signed converter

Two comments.
1. If an 8-bit integer (0..255) is representing a negative number like -0.023, it's not unsigned. It's e.g. a fixed point or fractional signed number. Of course you can display it as an unsigned, but it still contains a sign information.

2. You have to know the scaling of your target number format respectively the numeric range represented by it, than a conversion is easy. 0..255 may e.g. represent -1..+1. You can read it then as 2's complement signed value with a power of 2 scaling factor. (-128..127 *1/128). In this case, -0.023 converts to -3 respectively 253 or 0xfd when displayed as unsigned.

decimal to unsigned

explain more please with another example

signed to unsigned convert

I tried to give a sense to an unclear question by suggesting a number format and defining a range. I'd rather like to hear a complete question first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back