Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

speed control of DC motor with inner current control loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

--jason--

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
motor current control

may i know the advantages and disadvantages of a dc motor with an outer speed control loop and an inner current control loop?
any information link available? I need it to complete my report.
thanks a lot!!

Re: speed control of DC motor with inner current control loo

Torque has a close relationship to current, so the inner loop regulates the torque. The setpoint for the torque is derived from the speed controller. So the speed controller asks for a torque needed to maintain a certain speed.

Dividing the control loop in stages like this has the advantage that every loop can be optimised on its own (if the inner loop has a much bigger bandwidth than the outer loop). It should be easier to create a stable system.

Dear all
I want to ask svhb about what is the effect of the bandwidth on the system because I don't know about the subject of the bandwidth
if there is any book that talk about this subject please tell me about it.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.