Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is data hazard in pipeline occurred or not in this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

win3y

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Dears;

Pipeline has 3 stage such as: Memory Read(MemR)(@slot0), ST1(@slot 1), Memory Write (MemW)(@slot2).
At slot2: (MemW) Memory write back to register buffer A. But at the same time, at slot2: (MemR) memory read data from the same register buffer A.
My doubt is that whether data hazard in pipeline occurred or not occurred in the case above ?

Thank you very much.

W3Y.

Thats a good question. Register or buffer has been designed in such a way that at the end of a clock cycle you READ the data and at the beginning of a clk cycle you WRITE the data. So there is no hazard.

So in brief, if you write at the positive edge of the clock and read at the negative edge of the clock, you wont have data hazard problem.

I hope it helps.

win3y

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
tariq786 said:
Thats a good question. Register or buffer has been designed in such a way that at the end of a clock cycle you READ the data and at the beginning of a clk cycle you WRITE the data. So there is no hazard.

So in brief, if you write at the positive edge of the clock and read at the negative edge of the clock, you wont have data hazard problem.

I hope it helps.

Thank you very much for your idea.
It is data hazard if reading from and writing data to the same register at the same time (same edge of clock), isn't it?
One vote "helped" for you.

W3Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back