Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DTMF decoder MT8870 for mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakaz

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear forum,

Hope you are doing well.

I have been working with the DTMF decoder MT8870 for few months but i could not get success. I have used few circuits mentioned in the datasheet. But i am facing problem *, 0, # , 7, 8 ,9 buttons are working but sometime works the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

Why is that???

I have connected to MT8870 Pin 2, 3 ....> 100 Kohm

But one thing i need to ask i have took dtmf toon from the mobile phone T68 speaker and connected to the MT8870 using a 5Kohm Variable resistance to control gain.

What is the working cirucit for the mobile phone.

Waiting for your supportive response.

Regards
Shan

Re: DTMF MT8870 Decoding

try it.....
To get good result use nokia 6600 with docomo/bsnl(in India)sim in decoder side.
by Ur,
sree

---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 ----------

try another one

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------

try it.......
Circuit diagram shown in https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/55_1286856678.jpg

please try 8.2k and 82k in the place of 8.2k resistor(marked in the image).To get good result use nokia 6600 with docomo/bsnl(in India)sim in decoder side. it worked with me
by Ur,
Sree

Re: DTMF MT8870 Decoding

i made such a this circuit that you made. ihad some problems like you. And i took off the microphone of mobile phone. because the the signals that came from the microphone and keyboard of the mobile phone could mix. so it causes stability problems in your circuits. Try it and send me result. have a good works

Re: dtmf mt8870

check this site a for a project called dtmf device control using micro controllerFREE PROJECTS ON HARDWARE(8051) AND SOFTWARE(VB, C,C++,JAVA...).

make sure u using original dtmf decoder ic. cheap ic's doesnt respond well for some buttons. nokia phone works well. i didnt get satisfied results in samsung phones and one with usb connectors

Hi! I've built a poroject with the mt8870 and I've connected the Q1-Q4 outputs to LEDs so that I can see the codes, but when I call too the phone line by my Nokia 5800 and it would got busy, but the dtmf decoder doesn't seems to work :) any idea?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.