Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple low pass RC filter in CMOS process

Status
Not open for further replies.

tia_design

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CIrcuit is very simple, just 1st-order low pass RC filter. If I use R and C from analogLib library, which give ideal R and C value. I got the -3dB bandwidth fc1. If I use R and C from my technology library with the same R and C value and model is typical, I got another -3dB bandwidth fc2. And fc2 is bigger than fc1. What could be the reason giving this difference. Thanks!

Different models? All depends on modeling...:)

tia_design said:
... If I use R and C from my technology library with the same R and C value and model is typical, I got another -3dB bandwidth fc2. And fc2 is bigger than fc1. What could be the reason giving this difference. Thanks!

R and C from your tech. lib are non-ideal devices, R has additional C's (in parallel to R, and also to the surrounding substrate), and C may have additional R's in a similar configuration, which create another pole. Just study the model files of these R & C .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back