Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cannablized some electronics.. need some identification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbreslin951

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cannablized

a tv and a satellite receiver.. I got a .01F 10v (marked 10,000uF) cap outta the tv, its pretty big lol. but i got some 3 pin devices that i thought at first were transistors, but i guess not. one is a dual rectifier i believe, part number being d10sc4m. if you type that in google a data sheet for it is the first thing that comes up.. whats it for tho? lol
i also have a motorola 7905ct, i think its a voltage reguator, how would i use it? and i also got a JRC model 78m15a i think it is a voltage regulator as well. I also got this really little thing, like the size of a large grain of sand with the markings
a114
w.s n
not sure what it is.. maybe a transistor? lol i havee no idea, any help would be great! thanks

For the effort to find out what the components does it is cheaper to buy the components that you need

well when ur completely broke and finnd these kind of things layin around its kinda hard not to pass them up.. lol. i just need to find a place where i can figure out a way to identify them, or at least a way using a multimeter

Using some of components you have you can construct a dual power supply ..
7815 can produce +15V and 7905 can be used to generate -5V ..
Here are some details:
**broken link removed**

i got some 3 pin devices that i thought at first were transistors, but i guess not. one is a dual rectifier i believe, part number being d10sc4m. if you type that in google a data sheet for it is the first thing that comes up.. whats it for tho
It is commony used (with center-tap transformers) as full-wave rectifier .. see picture below ..

Rgds,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back