Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Problem with sending AT commands through serial port to SIM300 GSM modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mafairoz

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI FRNDS... AM WORKIN ON SIM300 GSM MODEM FOR SENDING SMS THROUGH MICROCONTROLLER.... I HAD CONNECTED MICROCONTROLLER TO HYPERTERMINAL AND I SUCCESSFULLY GOT AT COMANDS SENT BY CONTROLLER TO TERMINAL AS FOOLWS.... (ALL THIS AT COMANDS R SENT IN ASCII VALUES AND CHECKED WID HYPER TERMINAL... SUCESSFULLY).
AT
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CMGS="MOBILE NO." //"9841234567"
SOME MESSAGE....HELLO FRND
^Z// FOR ^Z I HAD SEND ASCII VALUE 0X1A TO SERAIL PORT.

BUT ON REPLACING PC WID SIM300 GSM MODEM.... THE COMANDS R SENDING THRU SERAIL PORT... BUT IT IS NOT RESPONDING.....
BUT MY GSM MODEM IS RESONDING WEN CONNECTED TO TERMINAL.....

THE SAME CODE IS USED .... EVEN AM NOT GETTING ANY REPLY FROM GSM MODEM.

PLZ HELP ME OUT.... I TRIED TO GET SOLUTION.... FIND THIS FORUM USEFUL AND I HOPE U PEOPLE WILL HELP ME IN FINDING OUT THE SOLUTION.

sim300 at command

Hi frend. I have the same problem with the same GSM. But i am using ARM LPC2148. Did you get any sollutions? Try out CTS and RTS connections. And are you using interrupt?

at command sim300

Are u set the boudrate ?
U just need to TXD & RXD to pc
see in other topics the "sch"s

sim300 send sms

i am doing atd9811337646;(in order to call a no) then i need to know if it is calling the no, because if i get to know if it is calling the phone no then i can send a command ATH for diconnecting this way i can do a misscall , do you know any other method to give miscall to a particular no.

Actually i am making a high voltage alerter system which will give misscall regularly to a particaular no if voltage is out of range till that no respond with a sms "I GOT IT"

Please help
Pallav Aggarwal
www.simpaltechnologies.com
info@simpaltechnologies.com
0-9811337646

sim 300 at command

hello friends,
for MAFAIROZ:
You are sending sms from PC with the end of CTRL+Z which is working but when you work with the microcontroller you need to send extra characters before CTRL+Z like this
AT+CMGS=NUMBER
CHR(13).... CR
CHR(26).... CTRL+Z

Hope it will work.
-------------------------------
For SmpalTechnolgoes:

If you want to just simple give a miss call to the specific number then do this if you want to try:
Start Call
ATD0123456789;
Start Timer for 15 second
ATH .... Call Hangup

it will give miss call if you want to use this way too.

Regards,
Shan

Re: SIM300 AT COMMANDS

hi,
i am working on SIM300 module with GPRS connection. I have problem when my internet server closed then GSM become looks halt (its network LED did not blink) until i reset the whole module through power disconnection, then it work properly and connect with internet server. But again when server closed its LED blinking off.

PLZ Suggest me the solution.

SIM300 AT COMMANDS

What you are experiencing is a classic symptom of a power supply problem. There are numerous posts on this forum regarding that issue - just do a search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back