Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rectifier calculation??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hilmanhalimra

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rectifier calculation

Dear all,

Could you help me... i have a device that consumes about 2000 W. it need 48 V dc as input. because of that i have to install some rectifier. the rectifier output current is about 30 A per module. Beside of that i have to backup my device by battery for about 4 hour. the battery will supply 180 Ah/12 V. I want to make sure wheahter my calculation is right or not. my calculation is like this:

to calculate how many rectifier module needed:

current needed by device = 2000 W/48 V
= 41.67 A

module needed = current needed by device/rectifier output current per module
= 41.67 A/30 A
= 1.38 module ~ 2 module (rounded)

to calculate how many rectifier how many battery :

because the device need 48 V so we have to use 4 battery (because 1 battery supply 12 V) with serial configuration (we assume 4 battery is 1 bank battery):

now we calculate how many bank of battery that we need:

the battery will supply 180 Ah(180 A per hour)

we need 41,67 A for the device so the battery can supply = 180 Ah/41,67 A
= 4.3 hour

is my calculation right? if right how about the charging mechanism to the battery, because i didn't calculate the need of charging when calculating the need of rectifier module. please help me..

thanks before...

regards,
-hh-

rectifier calculations

hi can anyone help me in designing the hardware of the inverter(capacitor bank and ac filter and igbt driver)
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back