Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert dBc to dBm? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dbc to dbm

dBm and dBc are completely different so there is no 'conversion' between the two.

dBm - indicates the power measurement relative to 1 milliwatt. 0 dBm means no change from 1 mW, i.e. a power of exactly 1 mW. 3 dBm means 3 dB greater than 0 dBm. dBm is the relative difference to a fixed reference power of 1 mW.

dBc — indicates the power relative to the power of the main carrier frequency; typically used to describe spurs, noise, channel crosstalk, and intermodal signals which may interfere with the carrier. dBc is the relative difference to an arbitrary reference power level, the power level of the carrier frequency.

dbm dbc

well, you could convert between them for a specific application. If you had a spur that was -50 dBc, and the carrier was at +10 dBm, then the spur would also be at -40 dBm.

dbm to dbc

Both of RealAEL and biff44 are right.dBm is compared with 1mW(dBm=10log(Power/1mW),and dBc is compared with carrier power(carrier(dBm)-power(dBm)).

dbm to dbc conversion

I think RealAEL is wrong and biff44 is right.

convert dbm to dbc

everything RealAEL said is correct. I just gave a numerical example to further clarify his point.

dbc to dbm conversion

Update: I think RealAEL is wrong and biff44 is wrong.

convert dbc to dbm

yendori said:
Update: I think RealAEL is wrong and biff44 is wrong.

If you know that both are wrong, then I conclude that you own the truth. Right ?
May we share your knowledge ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back