Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 microcontroller by ALI MAZIDI

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivachellam

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
atmel 89c51

now i am started to learn about atmel89c51 plz anyone give idea about atmel89c51 and what r the step to achieve good programing in 89c51 thanks:cry:

89c51 programs examples

shivachellam said:
now i am started to learn about atmel89c51 plz anyone give idea about atmel89c51 and what r the step to achieve good programing in 89c51 thanks:cry:

try read some books, then asking what you don't understand

89c51 programming software

plz refer to

8051 microcontroller by ALI MAZIDI

atmel 8951

shivachellam said:

Leave every thing go to get MAZIDI's book read it two or more times, get a simple programmer and try to do simple and short examples given in the book soon you will be a good uc programmer.

regards

atmel 89c51 programmer

HEY BUDDY FIRST DECIDE WHAT PROGRAMMING ENVIRONMANT YOU WANT TO CHOOSE. I MEAN C OR ASSEMBLY OR C++.
I THINK BEST BOOK ABOUT ATMEL UC IS
ALI MIZAIDI.
THEN ASK FOR FURTHER HELP IF U NEED IT.

89c51 examples

Just reading Mazidi book is not enough, you should practice the examples given in that practically, and then write small and simple codes on your own.
The 89C51 series microcontrollers need expensive programmers, So I suggest you to buy a 89S5x (x may 1,2 or3) and build a ISP programmer yourself which is simple and freely available on the internet.
:) :) :) :) :)

atml 89c51

srikanthsamaga said:
Just reading Mazidi book is not enough, you should practice the examples given in that practically, and then write small and simple codes on your own.
The 89C51 series microcontrollers need expensive programmers, So I suggest you to buy a 89S5x (x may 1,2 or3) and build a ISP programmer yourself which is simple and freely available on the internet.

well said Srikant !!perfect advise.

89c51 isp programmer

mvs sarma said:
srikanthsamaga said:

well said Srikant !!perfect advise.

Thank you..

atmel89c51

If any one has MAZIDI's Book in soft form plz upload it, I need it, I had but lost it... plz dont tell from site as it requires charges,

regards

microcontroller atmel 89c51

Hi friends, can someone tell me which language is best for programming?
and tell me the software through which i burn my 89c51??
and what is assembler??i write programs in Keil uversion 3.
thank u

89c51

salman said:
Hi friends, can someone tell me which language is best for programming?
and tell me the software through which i burn my 89c51??
and what is assembler??i write programs in Keil uversion 3.
thank u
as any way you are able to write in Keil, better continue. while compiling, you can get .hex and even .asm
Finally what matters for loading into the chip is >hex eevn though , it is stored as Binary.

Instead of using 89c51 or c52 better go for better and cheaper ones *S51 or S52. If once you decide on this, you can use a simple ISP programmer.
www.ikalogic.com/isp.php is the place where you get the programmer hardware and the driver software also.

All the best
Sarma

how to burn 89c51

Also have a look at the ready to use 89 sieres programmer which will support many devices staring from 89 "C" and "S" . The programmer comes with serial cable, power supply, operating manual and programming software. Optionally the same programmer can be operated with USB port by using any standard USB to serial converter. Good luck. For more details vist:

**broken link removed**

89c usb

learning about programming is not just about reading its about doing hehe

here's mazidi's book
**broken link removed**

best regards,
glenndr_15

@moonightingle - Friend, be confirmed about the language u r going to use...Assembly is very easy to learn but very hard to master...itll take time to be pro in programming with ALP...& if u know C then i would suggest begining micrcontrollers with C...Also the advantage of C is that it is aplicable to most of the uC in the market which have compilers written for them....As startup i begin with Assembly in PIC uC but even after 2 yrs i m still while writing programs...but then i bought a book for learning C within 1 month i started writing programs for uC & now m doing much better...i bet u wont regret using C as programming language...As other members said AT89s51 uC is best to begin with as it is cheap and easily available...Best Of Luck

thanks a lot Sidy
I will switch over to C as i am already having knowldge about it.
Kindly tell me the basic steps to burn a code in MCU.
Lets suppose i have written code in C, then what to do .kindly explain

The very first thing is to get a compiler for writing 8051 oriented C programs...Keil uVision is one of the best available in the market...also it supports many other uC....u can download it at www.Keil.com..These compilers have some additional functions along with the standard C funtions...u can learn about this compiler at www.8051projects.net...just search there as Keil. Next u need to get a programmer...As others did even i suggest u to buy 1 ISP programmer eventhough its a good experience to make one, But its time consuming...These programmers come with a software with them. Using these software we dump the .HEX File produced by the Compiler into the 8051 uC...Also u need to have a basic knowledge of 8051 hardware circuitries e.g the Oscillator,Ports etc...U try making 1 demo board for 8051 with an ISP port in it...& then all u have to do is to plug the ISP to the board, connect the programmer to PC, wire up the ports, write a program, compile it, load the HEX file into the dumping software...& start burning....For additional help jst google for "8051 Programming"....Regards.

if you want to be a good programmer then you should practise a lot.......start studying from MAIZIDI or you can start from Kenneth J. Ayala...........:D

if you are learning, another interesting chip to consider is the ST STM8S. It is on par with the faster AVR 8-bitters.

However, it comes with its own integrated programmer / debugger, in the form of STM8S Discovery, usb powered, on board led, touch pad, and board area. so it is a combination of development board, programmer, debugger, etc.

all for <$7.

plus free software from ST / IAR.

hard to beat that. all you need to do is to plug in the included usb cable, down load the software and you are ready to go.

luv said:
you can start from Kenneth J. Ayala...........:D
Yes i do agree with this...as Kenith's book is also included as a syllabus in Indian engineering courses as a text book.

Status
Not open for further replies.