Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacing relays of a PCB in a golf trolley

Status
Not open for further replies.

gco

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The PCB on my golf trolley appears to have a tilt switch embedded in the relays which control the power output to the motors. The number on the relay is SLB-12VDC-SL-C SONGLE 14VDC NO40A NC30A. There are four relays on the PCB. I want to replace them with ordinary relays as currently the trolley stops everytime it gets a bump. I would like to either bypass the relays or replace them with non tilt relays.
Unfortunately I gave the PCB to a friend and he cut wires on it and rejoined them but that bypassed the switch and the speed control on the handle of the trolley. I can easily resolder the wires properly again if I need to.

Thanks you for any help , it is much appreciated. I am at my wits end.

GC[/img]

golf caddy circuit

In order to replace the relays you will need relays that will meet:

- The same voltage for the actuator coil as the current relays, in your case seems to be 12 volts.
- The same or higher voltage/current ratings on the contacts, your current seems to be 14V 40 A.
- The same type SPDT, DPDT, etc.
- The same pin configuration.

golf trolley pcb

I still haven't been able to get this PCB working. If there is anyone out there willing to make a replacement for pay please let me know. Thanks!

pcb trolley

Did you solve your problem.
It sounds exactly as mine. My buggy has 2 motors and 4 relays exactly as you described.
One motor still works as it gets a voltage but the second receives no voltage at all.

I no nothing about the electronics but can use a multimeter.
One pair of the relays delivers no voltage.

What is the cause of that do you think?
What are tilt relays? Do you mean they are sensitive to tilting? My buggy started playing up after going over rough ground and I assumed something may have rattled loose and short circuited.

Any suggestion most welcome.
Should I just replace the pair of faulty relays?

Thanks in anticipation.

pcb for golf trolley

No I haven't been able to repair the PCB. At this point in time I am willing to pay someone to design & build a new PCB for me. I know very little about electronics although I can solder and use a multimeter. I have contacted various suppliers of caddy spares but because there are two motors on the caddy this poses a problem.

All the best
PC

maybe together we will get a resolution!!!

golf trolley circuit board

Tilt switch in relays?? i don't think so, relayz r looking ordinary, tilt sensor must be some where on the circuit, shake the circuit u will hear the sound of a moving metallic ball, find out the sensor & remove or short the wires (it looks like a metallic Diode)

gco

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
printed circuits for electric golf trolleys

Thanks for that I'll give the PCB a good shave and see if I can hear anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back