Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to troubleshoot Electronic Mosquito Racket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexan_sim

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mosquito bat circuit

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot Electronic Mosquito Racket ?
Because it can not generate the voltage to kill the mosquito anymore.

So, how can it generate such a high voltage? And, the Electronic Mosquito Racket requires only 3 dc volts (2 batteries of 1.5 dcV) to work.

On the other hand, I discovered one transformer which has six pin terminals. Is it a high frequency transformer or other component? I suspected it is spoiled but i dont know how to test it.

Please help...

mosquito racket circuit

the bat contains two dc 1.5v cells. an oscillator circuit is also present.this changes the dc into ac.then,the ac is given to a miniature step up transformer.which gives 350v or more at the output with less current.when a mosquito falls across the two teminals,it gets shorted. the
(just like an emergency light)

tell me the make of the racket.is it a China one? then there will be a capacitor across the output terminal.it might be damaged.change it.
if it is a tera power company make. the output section has many small capacitors.

there is also a FET in the oscillator.when you press the switch on the bat,can you hear the oscillator sound?if so the FET is OK. if you cannot hear anything,then check the FET. if it is OK check the transformer.these transformers are available in india.where are you from?

also check the batteries. the most overlooked part is the batteries.if the batteries are dead, purchase two AA rechargeable cells and solder them together in series and put them in the bat.

follow the instructions above.if you cannot find the problem,can you post a picture of the bat?

circuit for mosquito bat

I purchased mosqutto racket (make of YPD brand,china one)for INR 125 & it worked well only for 3-4 days.
Now it's generating very low voltage or current i.e. not able to kill any mosqutto.
When I test it with tester like mosqutto, only small noise & spark is there,but not able to kill any mosqutto.
I thought it's my bad luck & again purchased another one of same company. Within 3-4 days again same problem .
When I press the button which is used to put current in racket,there is low contineous noise.
I can post picture here too..
It's very best soln for killing mosquttos & nice sleep,but company is bad.
Plz tell me what can be the reason.

Thanks in advance

have you traced the circuit?
its similar to a SMPS circuit used in chargers for mobile phones
here they are using a D965 transistor which is not a switching type transistor!!
you should check if this transistor is OK. the pins are from left to right--- emitter, collector and base
put in a MJE13001 switching transistor and see----however the pins are from left to right base , collector then emitter
Edit: or the ferrite core transformer may have shorted turns

Reactions: shekar

shekar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello friend,
Check the push switch.Sometimes it gets rust inside and wont contact properly. The output voltage may not be sufficient to kill insects.Short the contacts of the switch with a screwdriver and watch the output. If u get full strength, clean or replace the switch.
VU2PDA

Re: mosquito racket circuit

mosquito Killer bat 2.jpg so this the actual circuit of mosquito killer

@shekar
yes it seems to be the circuit of the mosquito killer

This is the ckt dig of mosquito bat please look it now this is not work.IMG0135A.jpg

1, Measured across the battery with a multimeter DC voltage profile, normal should be about 3 volts to replace the battery lower than normal. Then check the battery clip is rusty, rust stains, use emery cloth to wipe clean.
2, Check the micro switch is good contact or not, available multimeter to measure the resistance profile Continuity can judge whether good contact or not. If good contact, light-emitting diode will be lit. Otherwise, you want to check the light emitting diodes.
3, The DC resistance of the check boosting transformer, the two groups is 0 ohm, one group is about 150 ohms, this group in the under power measurement, an AC voltage of about 350 volts.

I got a troubleshoot with my Mosquito bat .The charging light glows but it doesn't works .

Re: mosquito bat circuit

First of all a warning to Alexan,

There are dangerously high voltage present, so unless you know electronics and familiar with the methods to test and troubleshoot, I suggest to stay away, this has usually the same circuit as the one found in gas lighter. I through away 3 of these rackets because of shorted nets and this is the most common fault. There are three of them the two outer-ones are ground and the inner one contains very high-voltages in the range of 3000 and up, look carefully and most likely you will find a dent in either outer or inner net of the racket, so it will be always shorted and no chance of generating high voltage and 90% of the time this is the problem, so straighten the net, remove short and try it, if this is not the case then post the result and we will look further.

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot Electronic Mosquito Racket ?
Because it can not generate the voltage to kill the mosquito anymore.

So, how can it generate such a high voltage? And, the Electronic Mosquito Racket requires only 3 dc volts (2 batteries of 1.5 dcV) to work.

On the other hand, I discovered one transformer which has six pin terminals. Is it a high frequency transformer or other component? I suspected it is spoiled but i dont know how to test it.

Please help...

how can we test to know the transformer(6pin) is good or fault?

check the continuity of transformer, primary side & secondary side.. if transformer is open , then their will be no continuity. if it is shorted then transistor on primary side becomes bad.

What is the name or model of transformer using in mosquito racket? it has primary, secondary & feeback winding.

These transformers are built for just these rackets, they are not any type or they are mosquitoes rackets type. When you are going to make millions of these products you don't choose off the markets type transformers. You simply calculate and make what you need. So the only thing left to do is find a bad or junk racket and use the parts from it, transistors and resistors and capacitors you can buy from anywhere but transformer NO.

its a sunca type emergency light transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back