Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with heart beat sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

binu.kr

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
heartbeat sensor

hai everybody
now iam working with a heart beat monitoring project in p16f877a...finger is used to detect the heart beat count....but it doesnt give actual count ..in one minits its counts more than 256...if we not place finger in sensor part its give proper count means '0'..but wen we place the finger between high intensity red led and ldr count is more than 256..i think fluctuations in the finger affecting the sensing part.. i dont know how to attach circuit diagram iam using LM358 and the 7th pin of lm358 is the sensor output ..iam connecting the 7 th pin to a ledand also to PORTC0 PIN BUT IAM NOT USING ANY PULL UP IN PORTCO PIN....CAN U PLAESE HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM
THIS IS THE CIRCUIT DIAGRAM LINK **broken link removed**

thankzzzzzzzzzzzzz in advance

heartbeat sensor circuit

It's a bad circuit to my opinion, but I didn't hear a word about you trying to adjust the sensor's sensitivity, as obviously necessary with that circuit.

lm358 heartbeat

thaaankz............
ya iam trying to adjust the sensor lots of time and some times i got aproximate count..but it not constant ..and now iam given a 100uf capcatior and a pull up in the output pin of lm358 that connected to Portc0..the output is better than old...but some times its varying

sensor circuit using lm358

Don't understand, how you connected the capacitor. A pullup resistor shouldn't change anything, cause LM358 has a push-pull output.

lm358 finger

pullup in Rc0..and 7th pin of lm358 connected to a capacitor +ve pin and -ve to gnd(100uf)

better than lm358

A rather brute circuit to my opinion. A more versatile solution would be using a linear AC amplifier with a gain of 10 to 100 and the PIC ADC as a programmable threshold detector. It would allow for automatic gain control and similar features.

heart beat circuit diagram

I agree with FVM that its a bad design as it depend on the LDR.
It will never be accurate.
In my humble view "find the alternate circuit".

Status
Not open for further replies.