Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Most widely used PCB editor in industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifre

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the most widely used PCB Editor program in companies that design electronics? I would like to see replies from people that actually work int the industry.

Hi,

there are many tools used in industries and it depends on your needs and your like ness towards a tools.
I have worked on Cadence, Mentor and altium and I would say that each has its advantages and disadvantages.
So I would say that it is upto you that on which tool you are more comfortable and you use that tool only.

Ricky

Thanks for your reply! The reason I am asking is because I want to learn PCB routing software, but I don't want to waste my time learning something that is widely unknown and not used anywhere. Besides knowledge of commonly used PCB routing software will look good on my resume.

For PCB layout, the number one market share belongs to Cadence Allegro in big business. Designers get top dollar for their knowledge of the Cadence EDA suite.

The next largest EDA packages are fairly evenly divided between PADS and Altium Designer. Smaller market shares go to Zuken, and PCAD (now discontinued and replaced by Altium Designer).

Of course there are several other PCB layout programs, but they only have a minor share of the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back