Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SOS!! How to draw a taper arm in HFSS V9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

qqq123

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss draw taper

design a taper-optimized antipodal vivaldi antenna.

the tapers are determined by a function y=f(x).

can not draw the taper by HFSS directly.

plan to import .dxf file from AutoCAD, but havenot found a way
to plot a function (draw the taper) in AutoCAD.

have better ideas?

thanks in advanced, guys.

draw discret points with spline function of HFSS.

Only in the way!
we use the discret points in simulation a paraboloid antenna :(
seqc1712 said:
draw discret points with spline function of HFSS.

I see only one way: make the VB script in HFSS or AutoCAD to drawing the parabola. But in any cases it will be only approximate parabola by polyline, however it's unimportant, because the simulation method cause much more error compared to this inaccuracy.

Best regards,
Kit-the-great

you can write a AutoLISP subroutine to draw a function in AutoCAD environment. If you decide to do this work, PM me to send you a useful AutoLISP subroutine.

Regards

Hey guys.
I know this is an old post, but in case somebody is interested, you can draw any kind of function y=f(x) in HFSS using the Maxwell interpreter.More specifically, you use the plotdata utility where you draw the function and then you export the line as an ansoft 2D object (sm2 file).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back