Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

clock frequency is 50MHz+/-50ppm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel_on_on

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
clock ppm

anyone tell me "clock frequency is 50MHz+/-50ppm?" what is really frequency?

(50M+ 50/1,000,000)Hz? or (50M - 50/1,000,000)Hz?

50/1,000,000 is very small ,almost can be ignored . I think.

ppm clock

You are right but this small time when accumulated over years then it creates an error of second per say.
Some people may not interested in this error too.

For the above calculation the frequency will lie between the two possible frequencies.

clock ppm calculation

50 ppm at 50 MHz means a deviation of 2.5 kHz, an amount that isn't really small for a lot of applications.
For a watch, 50 ppm implies an error of 26 minutes per year, for an UHF small band radio device, it would be considerably above tolerated error limits.

clock ppm calculator

if the samle frequency and different ppm in write clock and read clock ,Anyone can tell me how to calculate fifo depth ?

clock frequency ppm

hi feel_on_on

i think if you meet case that different ppm in write clock and read clock, u have to consider worse case to calculate fifo depth.

littlebu

how to compute ppm in clocks

if read clock is 50Mhz+/-50ppm,write clock is 50Mhz+/-50ppm ,but they is the different clock . please tell me how to think about the fifo depth?

Added after 1 hours 57 minutes:

forget to speak ,the MAX transmit Unit is 1500 bytes

what is clock ppm

FvM said:
50 ppm at 50 MHz means a deviation of 2.5 kHz, an amount that isn't really small for a lot of applications.
For a watch, 50 ppm implies an error of 26 minutes per year, for an UHF small band radio device, it would be considerably above tolerated error limits.

Sir u have told deviation of 2.5 kHz, can i know with what formula u have calculated that......thanq u

Here is how to calculate

Convert ppm to Hz
50 MHz nominal +/-50 ppm

(50000000 / 1000000)*50 = +/- 2500 Hz which define the frequency bound of
the oscillator to 49.9975 MHz <= f <= 50.0025 MHz

Hope this will help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back