Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help for Siemens S400 PLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmmaran

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
siemens s400

I an assigned to work on a crane management system which works with Siemens S400-PLC. I don't know where to start. I have basic knowledge on PLC.
I have Siementic Manager software, Drive monitor, WinCC give to me by the comany. But need help on where to start studying. Please help. How long will it take master these and trouble shoot the actual system?

siemens s 400

Hello, rmmaran

Regarding the time it will take, I think that depends more on your own background than on any other thing.

I'll would suggest you study the electrical drawings and project specs before going deeper in the PLC an SCADA programs.

Next, try to talk with anybody who works or operate the instalation to know what are the most common failures and try to concentrate on this: what are the software routines related to that kind of failure, the variables involved, the operational logic and how you possibly diagnose that failure the next time it aroses.

Hope this helps, good luck and best regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.