Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting to battery power

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan.sager1

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I recently bought a new entertainment center and unfortunately the previous owner modified the cabinet lights by snipping the end of the cord off and wiring it directly to a wall switch. I hate the way it looks with the lights off and would like to, once again modify it, this time by, converting the power source to batteries and installing a small switch in the back to turn both of the lights on and off simultaneously. I'm sure a 9V battery, or perhaps a few, would be enough to power the two cabinet lights. I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing this though.

The light panel reads VERBATIM as follows simultaneously

Cabinet Light UL Listed E210130
Warning-Risk of fire-MAX 25 watt,
Type T bulbs
Place light source no closer than 3/8" to any surface
120V 60HZ AC only

Any Ideas/Help would be greatly appreciated.

Very Respectfully,
Ryan

P.S.

I am concerned also, that because we would be converting from ac to dc of a fire hazard. Perhaps someone can talk me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.